from self taught paper maker Katy DeMent : www.thepaperlady.com. Students will have a crash course in
building equipment and making pulps from plants and recycled fibers, while creating handmade paper sheets with a variety of embellishments like color, texture and collage.
1. 10am Intro to paper making; share examples, brief history of communication and the history of paper making, prep materials
2. 10:30am Do you want to make personal molds to take home for
future paper making ? (materials cost $35.00 each for this or we just use mine)
3. 11:00am Making and dyeing pulps from natural and reclaimed materials and fibers, share examples of plant fiber varieties
4. 12:00pm sheet forming with texture color and random inclusions
5. Press and hang up to dry
1:00 -1:30 pm short lunch break
6. 1:30pm Collage – participants may create handmade papers in a larger format while designing a wet on wet collage (can include vintage items from home)
7. 3:00pm How to “depost” and get it all home to dry.
Pre-registration is required by September 1st. Call or text 814-442-6217 or call Laurel Arts at 814-443-1835 to register.